- Slowest CPU (to skip NVIDIA GPU)
- HDPI Display. (Note that touch doesn't work at all.)
- Ubuntu 16.04 pre-installed.
- Create recovery image just in case (using "dell-recover" command),
- Install Ubuntu 18.04 from an USB memory stick,
- Install latest Intel WIFI driver for 11-n bug workaround,
(Building and installing a device driver? What year is it today??)
- You'll need git-core and build-essential to do this.
- This won't be needed on newer Linux distributions (hopefully).
- Install gnome-tweak-tool to swap Ctrl and Caps keys,
- Install Japanese Language Pack,
- Install Chrome,
- Install Audacity.
Code related setup: